Alhaji Balarabe Musa is the former governor of Kaduna state and allegedly the poorest ex-governor in Nigeria.
Below are some facts about him you did not know:
1. He was ex Chief Accountant of the Broadcasting Company of Northern Nigeria(BCNN) and one of the first set of Chartered Accountants in Northern Nigeria.
2. He has been a politician and social crusader for over 38 years and been canvassing for a new social order in Nigeria.
3. In 1979, he was impeached as governor and in 1990, he joined the Social Democratic Party (SDP), a political party formed and funded by the then General Ibrahim Babangida regime.
4. In 1993, he opposed the annulment of June 12 presidential election which was won by Chief M.K.O Abiola.
5. He protested with Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and Muhammadu Buhari against the flawed 2003 elections in Abuja.
6. He has been at the barricades, protesting, agitating and denouncing the establishment over unpopular programmes and policies.
7. He was born to the District Head of Kaya, a Village in Giwa local government area of Kaduna state in 1938.
8. In 1979, he retired from the civil service and joined politics, culminating to his election as governor of Kaduna state.
9. He has a three bedroom bungalow, a monthly pension of N741,000, a 1,200 acre farm and an old Mercedes Benz car are his only possession.
10. At 80, the former governor still drives himself, without a police orderly. No government monument, public building or even street has been made after him in Kaduna state.